Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The best news. Ever.

Well, network TV has finally reached the lowest depths of self-reflexive programming. No, they haven't decided to air a "Kill the President" reality show where CBS employees compete to decide a winner who gets to gun down Smirky the Chimp. (C'mon, guys--it'll be a runaway hit!) No, they haven't begun airing live executions presided over by "CSI" executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer (yet). No, they haven't even begun showing actual strip shows featuring failed "Amazing Race", "Big Brother", and "Survivor" contestants. What we have here instead is the event of a lifetime. Two actual TV-born celebrities will be shown getting married on camera for CBS. Rob and Amber Mariano got married last Saturday in front of God (maybe), their family and friends (presumably), and a full television crew (as we will see soon)! I'm sure there will be plenty of promos for this full-scale assault on good sense on the other quality CBS programs like "Listen Up" or "Amazingly Perfect" (yes, those actually are real CBS shows!), so tune in now . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why no one responds to your blog. You, my dear, have absolutely nothing good or worthwhile to give to anyone. All I see here is complaining and bitching. When you finally come to your senses and have something constructive to give, I'll read your blog again. In the meantime, if this is what library work is all about, then I might have to rethink my patronage. As a customer I wouldn't appreciate an attitude like yours.

1:45 PM  
Blogger bryduck said...

I'm sorry you feel that way, Julie. Perhaps the "surly" description wasn't clear enough for you? In any case, both of my book reviews were positive, my opening day post was fairly light-hearted, and this post is clearly not massively dense and severe either. What constructive things would you have had me say instead on my chosen topics so far?

2:07 PM  
Blogger bryduck said...

Um, thanks! I think . . .

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home