Monday, May 15, 2006

A full week

I will be writing from the road later on this week, as I head to Chicago for a whirlwind trip to see Eleventh Dream Day. Today marks my second post-chemo doctor's visit, but since my PET/CT scan won't be until some other day, my anxiety about it is somewhat muted. I don't know what oncologists are looking for from blood draws (or, at least, what my oncologist is looking for); if they can tell you've got cancer from a blood sample, what're all the scans for? I get that they want to make sure other systems haven't begun to shut down if one is really sick, but what about those of us lucky enough to be in remission or even cured, who are presumably in decent enough health? (I know I'm just showing my ignorance, but I know if I talk about the obscene domestic spying issue, they'll shut down my blog for sure!) More later on . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home