Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Keith Olbermann on Prop 8

Whether you think KO is great or cheesy, I would hope you have to admit that his passions run deep. I think he's terrific; I've liked him ever since he was a sportscaster here in LA. Something about him told me, "Here's a guy who's smart, geeky, funny, and has his heart in the right place." Kinda like what I hope I am, to be honest. For those reasons, I have always paid attention to what he has to say. Even if I don't watch him every day, I know he's on air somewhere telling it like it is, against all odds. (And those odds seem to finally be going our way. Phil Donahue lost his MSNBC show years back for being "liberal", his top ratings notwithstanding. Olbermann, on the other hand, just got his contract renewed. Happy day!)
Last night, he gave a special comment on Proposition 8. As usual, Keith was eloquent and fiery. Even more than that, though, he showed an unusual amount of emotion (other than righteous anger, which is his norm); more than once he nearly choked up in tears. It's a powerful piece--please watch and listen.
(Hat tip to transcendence for the notice.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw it. It was great. As you said: eloquent and fiery and emotional and I hope he wasn't just preaching to the choir.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm being shallow, but I always thought KO was a little bit hot. :)
--Veronica

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home