Thursday, August 11, 2005

Chemo 2

This round was a bit more eventful. We did all the IV drips yesterday, so we need to make only one quick trip to the clinic today for the last shot. Unfortunately, with only about 15 minutes left to go on the last bag, the nausea kicked in from the first batch of stuff. I unceremoniously begged to get to the bathroom to lie down on the cool tile, which helped a bit. The nurses shot me up with Atavan (sp.?) essentially to knock me out for 12 hours, and I took the anti-nausea pills as well. I don't think these new ones work as well as the old ones, but maybe nothing could have killed off the nausea anyway--I waited too long once again. TBO and I tried to calculate how many hours passed after the treatment last time before the nausea hit, but because we were still at the clinic this time it threw our timing off. Or nothing helps that first wave, which is not a pretty thought for the next 4 treatments . . .
I feel icky today, but nothing too severe. A bit lightheaded, a bit tired. I guess I'm as ready as I can be for the side/effects to come. We can only hope that they're the same--we know how to handle them at least. More to come, I'm sure!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:*
-TBO

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only hope that future treatments go easier. A lot of us are pulling for you.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home