Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005

Ick. What a year. First off, we got Smirky's re-coronation (hey, he's king all right; just ask him!) and another "national championship" for the University of Spoiled Children. Those were bad for the whole country. Then, on a more personal level, a series of deaths: my uncle, a dear friend, and my grad school mentor.
Not enough? Ok. TBO's father had to undergo a second angioplasty to place another stent in his heart. My mom broke her other hip and then had to have her own angioplasty to insert 2 stents in some arteries in her heart. And then she was told that the heart medicine that had been working for her for years could kill her so they have to try new meds to see if any of them work. That process lasts months at the very least, and is gravely uncomfortable for her.
And oh yeah, I got cancer and had chemotherapy for 6 months.
(There were bright moments: TBO and I got married (although not in the way we originally planned or wanted); that is no small thing, I promise. The Ducks have had a great, and surprising, season (although that could be compromised as well by a bowl loss tonight). I received a tremendous show of tangible and intangible support and affection from my co-workers and friends (due to my contracting cancer); again, no small thing, I admit.)
2005. What a year. Time for you to end.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish a wonderful 2006 for you and your lovely wife--and all those you care about.

P.S. Saw a Campbell Scott movie the other day and, of course, thought of you. :)

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eff off, 2005!!!!
-TBO

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes for 2006! May you have all the health, happiness and good fortune you were robbed of this year!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home