Friday, November 04, 2005

Chemo 6

Well, it's over (for now?). Thankfully, I survived this one without any severe traumas--no visits to the ER and only a couple of attacks of that weird poisoned feeling on Wed. night. Yay! 2+ weeks of feeling side effects, and then onward and upward to health once again. I can't wait! My waistline can't either--taking all this time off of working out has taken its toll, that's for sure. I am so weakened, obviously enough, that it's going to be a loooong while before I'll be anywhere near "in shape" again, but given the givens, I am even looking forward to beginning that process. I haven't let any of this sink in just yet; it'll probably hit somewhere around day 22 (when I would have gone in for the next treatment) on Nov. 24. Thanksgiving should be quite joyous! I've certainly got a lot to be thankful for, that's for sure, huh? Let's all hope I never have to write a "Chemo 7", ok?

6 Comments:

Blogger Stina said...

I don't know who you are or your story yet I'm so happy for you. I was flipping by and saw "CHEMO". I have my own health problems but they seem insignificant to that. I wish you the best.

http://serendipitousfdestiny.blogspot.com/

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush is the cancer.
Inside of you,
The spirit of South America,
Hugo Chavez,
Maradona,
Ozzie Guillen,
The protestors,
They all scream:
"GET OUT, TERRORIST!"

10:57 AM  
Blogger bryduck said...

I'm not so sure Ozzie's screaming about terrorists, but who knows for sure, right? ; )

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ozzie takes Chavez's phone calls and says he's a Chavez supporter. Good enough for me. ;)

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, my love. You did it.
:*
-TBO

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can tell this one's from your Mom: be sure to find out a schedule for re-entering the wonderful world of exercise (yuk!) just in case there's a time frame or certain things you shouldn't be doing. Like why am I not supposed to exercise my arms? (Like I would, except for turning the pages of a book) So there may be some weird restrictions!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home