Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Quarterly review

It's that time again. Time to check to see if I'm still cancer-free. Every time I get a PET scan I feel a twinge of non-denial--what if this time they find something? Now, don't get all weepy on me out there; I'm sure nothing's gonna happen. (Whew, back in denial! That's good.) The worst part is the drive home during rush hour (which in LA, of course, lasts from infinity o'clock to forever, but there are spots when it gets even worse). I'll probably be pretty hungry, since I'm not allowed to eat today and the scan's not til 3:45 (if they get to me on time, haw!). We'll see.
I guess that's about all I've got to say on this. Let's hope I get the results quickly and we all get to forget it for another 3 months!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God be with you, my dear.
Love, BS

2:09 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

While denial is a de-lovely place to visit, we wouldn't want to live there. I like this quarterly checkup schedule your docs have you on, and I'm glad you're compelled to adhere to it more stringently than I adhere to my car's "quarterly" oil changes. Still, as I told S this morning, I've a good feeling about your continued good health. Traffic, that I can't do nothin' about.

2:33 PM  
Blogger bryduck said...

Well, unfortunately, this was a false alarm; my appointment got shifted until the end of next week. Keep those cards and letters comin'!

6:33 PM  
Blogger sporksforall said...

Argh! Nothing like waiting, huh?

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! We'll keep praying and hoping and maybe even give you a phone call this weekend.
I love you guys!
BS

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home