Monday, July 04, 2005

Announcements and such

The Beautiful One and I are getting married this Friday, if we can find a location and an officiant by then. We've decided to jettison the idea of providing a big, relatively formal ceremony for all of our friends and family at this point, mostly because of the unfortunate physical calamity that has befallen me. (The fact that our chosen spot came back with an outrageously huge estimate for what our wedding would have cost had nothing whatsoever to do with it, I assure you!) Our plan is to get married now and have a nice celebration for our 1st anniversary next July. We hope the extra time will suffice to allow us to actually figure out how to host one of these things--I know I'm no help, because I have never hosted a successful party in my life. In any case, I hope no one takes offense at being excluded from this occasion, because we really are only having our closest family members attend. And since my first visit to the oncologist is only 3 days later, I doubt I'd have been much of a good host this weekend anyway, even if I could stop feeling lousy or coughing long enough to even toast my beautiful bride. So for those of you out there who want to wish us well, feel free to let us know via email or phone whenever you get the urge; thanks to all of you in advance!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, does this Friday mean THIS Friday? July 8th?

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondersnail, you are a true Champion among snails. Thanks for your good wishes. Bryduck, there's no place I'd rather be than with you saying I Do!
--TBO

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean Michael McGrorty can't attend?

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think they've found an officiant, which made TBO feel good this morning. (You are lovely, S, but I'm only referring to you that way b/c bryduck does and people won't know who you are otherwise). Weddings are good no matter how many people attend. Much love to you both.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, thankfully, McGrorty is not immediate family to bryduck or TBO.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HIPPIES! Just kidding (not really). Enjoy your BIG day! Melanie and I pass our best wishes for health and happiness to you two. From one Hippie couple to another--CONGRATULATIONS!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, there are things that are still happy and wonderful in this crappy world and you and "TBO" getting hitched makes me have some hope for love. It does a good thing for my disgruntled view of life.

Can't wait to celebrate that 1st anniversary. If you need help planning it, here's your theme "RED & WILD"....that's your theme.

Congrats,
Dean

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home